HAROLDS SQUARE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT
Harolds Square was developed to be a sustainable structure, in keeping with the values of the local community. To meet our goals in sustainability, the building is designed per NYSERDA standards.
Harolds Square will be an energy-efficient building aligned with the values of the local community and
offering apartments that are more efficient, cost effective, and comfortable.
Designed per NYSERDA and ENERGY STAR® standards, Harolds Square will provide the following:
- Efficient heating and cooling system and hot water heater.
- Improved building envelope and air-tight compartmentalization of apartments.
- Energy Star appliances that use 10-30% less energy than conventional models.
- Efficient LED lighting.
- Water-saving fixtures.
- Investment in off-site 60.3 kilowatt solar farm to further offset fossil fuel-generated power usage.
- Overall at least 35% less energy usage than a similar type conventionally built building.